Mother’s Day is coming up this weekend! We spend the day honoring the selflessness of Mom. We spoil her, appreciate her, celebrate her and shower her with gifts. Speaking of gifts, have you purchased her gift yet? If not, don’t worry. I got you.
Psssst….Wanna Know A Secret?
Hey, come closer. I have a secret for you. Do you know what Mom wants for Mother’s Day this year? Surprise, it might not be what you think! Guys & Kids, listen up! This list is from moms by moms of what would really make their Mother’s Day extra special this year. Ready? Let’s Go!
8 Things Mom REALLY Wants for Mother’s Day
This year, I asked several moms in different stages of life, what they’d really love for Mother’s Day. Below is the list, in their own words. It might surprise you to find out, many of these gifts won’t cost you a dime!
Great Gifts For FREE!
- A Decision-free Day: “Mom’s are the keeper of the details. That can be exhausting! For one whole day, I’d love to NOT make one decision. I don’t care where we eat as long as I don’t have to fix it. I don’t care what we do as long as I don’t have to chose the activity. It would be AMAZING for my husband and kids to take care of all of the details and just let me enjoy it with them.”
- A Completed Honey-Do List: “I really don’t “need” anything. But you know what would mean the world to me? For my husband to finish the lingering projects around the house. I hate feeling like I nag, but I also get tired of seeing all the little things that need attention. Seriously, I’d be ecstatic if the towel bar in the bathroom finally got replaced and the large clock we bought 2 months ago got hung!”
- Kids Who Get Along ALL Day: (Sigh) “I know it’s just a season, but it would be a dream come true if the kids could get through an entire day without fighting, arguing or bickering. I love my kids and I wish they would just get along and have fun with each other for one whole day!”
- Peace & Quiet: One of my favorite things to do is have a cup of tea, find a comfy spot and get lost in a great book. With two little kids, there isn’t much time (or energy) for reading. An uninterrupted afternoon of reading would make me so happy.
Great Gifts for a Fee $$$
- Maid Service: “It would be incredible to have someone clean my house for a month. Like once a week, they come and mop & vacuum floors, scrub bathrooms, wipe down mirrors & windows. It’s so awesome to walk into a home that’s tidy and smells good. That would be the best!”
- Spa Day: “Give me a day at the spa please! A facial & massage sound so relaxing! I would love, love, love to get away for a couple hours and be pampered.”
- Gift Card(s): “I really need some new summer outfits. I would love a gift card to my favorite clothing store!” (Know your mom. Gift cards to her favorite shops, restaurant, coffeeshops, etc is always a good idea!).
- Plants or Flowers: “One of my favorite gifts was a small rose bush I got several years ago. We planted it in the backyard. Now, I get to watch it grow year after year and remember that Mother’s Day. I’d love to have another to add to our yard.”
What Are You Waiting For?
There you have it. Eight ideas for any budget. No matter what you do or the gift you give mom this Sunday, just remember she’s the glue that holds your family together. She keeps the calendar, makes dinner, runs errands, cleans up, knows ALL the random details, wipes tears, mends broken hearts, kisses scraps, plans birthday parties, cheers on the sidelines, helps with the school project and still has time to do laundry and make lunches. Moms are pretty amazing! So if your’s is close enough, hug her tight. If she’s miles away, pick up the phone and let her know how much she means to you.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Want to learn more? Download my Racial Reconciliation Guide for Beginners. It’s FREE and full of helpful terms & resources. Plus when you subscribe, blog posts are emailed directly to you each week so you don’t miss a thing!